About Skymed Aeromedical
Skymed Aeromedical has both air and ground assets throughout Australia and is one of the largest dedicated aeromedical fleets; established in 2010 to meet the demand for commercial non-emergency medical transportation. Our vast network located in all states and territories allows us to respond to your call and organise transport in the shortest possible time.
Skymed Aeromedical has an experienced team of medical professionals across Australia, including: Doctors, Nurses, Midwives and Paramedics; all of whom have undertaken a rigorous selection, credentialing and aerospace-medicine training process. Our diverse team has a range of knowledge and experience including: Emergency Care, Aged Care (including chronic and complex conditions), Community and family assistance, Paediatrics and Mental Health. Our fleet of private planes are equipped with stretchers and medical equipment.
Skymed Aeromedical is a reliable air ambulance service that provides friendly and caring assistance for patients of all ages, including:
- Elderly patients; who may need to go from a nursing home to hospital, or hospital to nursing home
- People with disabilities or mental health conditions
- People needing surgery; or returning home to recover from illness/ surgery
- Relocating patients locally or interstate; to be with family, transferred to different nursing homes or between hospitals
- Repatriating elderly or unwell patients to their home countries
- Retrieving injured domestic travellers (e.g. campers/backpackers/caravaners who need to get to the nearest hospital)
- International non-emergency medical patient transportation (e.g. retrieving injured holiday makers who have insurance and need to return to Australia, or patients returning from overseas medical procedures)
Turnaround times are fast and reliable. Local flights (i.e. within the state) can be arranged as a same-day service, while interstate flights may take a maximum of 24 hours to coordinate. International cases will depend on several factors including distance and condition of patient.
Skymed Aeromedical is an air ambulance contracted service provider to NSW Health. Our services fly patients several times a day around NSW, while interstate and international patient air transportation form the remaining services.
At Skymed Aeromedical, we pride ourselves on the providing the highest level of care and personalised service for our clients and their families. We provide every client or family representative with a dedicated case manager who oversees the entire medical air transport process. From arranging flights and logistics to handling our patients settling into their new premises, we ensure that our bedside to bedside service is an easy and stress-free process.